Website Terms & Conditions
1 ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Your access to and use of jameschocolates.co.uk ("the Website") is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
3 CHANGES TO WEBSITE
jameschocolates.co.uk reserves the right to:
3.1 change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that jameschocolates.co.uk shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
3.2 change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
4 LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
5.1 All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to jameschocolates.co.uk or otherwise used by jameschocolates.co.uk as permitted by law.
5.2 In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
6 DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 The Website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6.2 To the extent permitted by law, jameschocolates.co.uk will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
jameschocolates.co.uk makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
6.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of jameschocolates.co.uk for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of jameschocolates.co.uk or that of its employees or agents.
7 PRIVACY AND COOKIES
You agree to indemnify and hold jameschocolates.co.uk and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against jameschocolates.co.uk arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10 GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer, which allows us to improve the quality of your visit to our Website.
They don't do anything i.e. they are not executable code and can only be read by (you and) the website that created them. You can view and edit the cookies on your computer like any other text file using a text editor (the contents are usually just strings of unique identifiers and date/timestamps). The website that created the cookie can read the contents when you are at their website.
Cookies are widely used across the internet: you may have hundreds of cookies on your computer at any one time. Each browser has its own set of cookies so, if you run multiple browsers, you will have multiple sets of cookies on your computer.
This site uses two types of cookies: session cookies, which are deleted from your computer when you close your web browser; and persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until they are deleted, or until a specified expiry date/time.
None of the cookies we use store any personal information about visitors to our site, however they may store information (such as a unique identifier) that enables a cookie to be linked to data we already store.
Most browsers allow users to control which cookies are accepted and to delete existing cookies. Please refer to your browser's 'Help' function for further instructions. Refusing to accept cookies will, in many circumstances, have a negative impact upon the usability of a web site.
jameschocolates.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. When you complete a form (such as our contact form, or any of the forms involved in making a purchase on our site), we ask you for your name and address, and the address for delivery if different. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process, or to enable us to deal with your request.
2. We may use your personal information to contact you regarding your purchase. We may also use your personal information to inform you about new products or special offers we think may be of interest to you. Whenever you complete a form on our site, you have the option to opt out of receiving information about new products or special offers.
3. We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase, fulfillment of your order and responding to your request.
4. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
5. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by completing our contact form.
7. In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Information you supply to us by completing a form on the web site will be stored in a database. This database, along with one or more backup copies, is stored on computers that will be physically located either within the EEA, the United States of America or Canada.
8. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us.